Sunday, October 26, 2008

And the silence was broken.....


What's up people, it's been long past due for an update. Well, the last thing I said on the most recent show I did back at the end of December 07, and time has literally flown by since then, is that there were some things that I was working on and I hadn't lost interest in the show. This was, and still is all true, but things sometimes just don't work out how you expect them to. I won't go into a long spiele about what has been going on in the background, but a summary is at least no doubt required.

Nothing terrible has happened (much) since then, just things got a bit crazy and priorities had to be laid out and I think it was in the best interest for the show for it to have been put on temporary haitus, my only regret is not making any announcement and leaving a few wondering exactly wtf went on.

Well, we put a deposit down on a new home in November, construction started in March with the new house completed end of June or early July, however the contract stated we had to have sold our house by April. By early in the new year it became apparant that this was going to be an intense period, moreso than I had anticipated, you may have heard how bad the mortgage market is (and yeah, it's typical that this would also be the time we decide to move, but sometimes the needs of a growing family have to take precedence), so I just never had a good opportunity to do a new show and by the end of March all my records were boxed up and put in storage after the house sold (thank God!), we then lived in a temporary place for the three months between houses, the plan was to unpack all my records and continue, which turned out hopelessly optimistic considering the effort taken to pack them up and move them in the first place, three months didn't seem so long to wait after doing that! We moved in, in July, and it's taken a lot longer to build my studio due to renovations required and it's only been in the last week that I've actually got my turntables set back up and my records unpacked.

So, what with everything up in the air, I didn't want to make any promises I couldn't keep, I know how much it sucks to be told "soon, soon, soon" and nothing happen bar coming up with endless excuses, but I can announce now that Electro Funkology will be back sometime in the near future now that I'm up and running again although I can't give an exact date, but it should be 'soon'. ;)

I sincerely apologise for the silence and I hope ya'll can come and rejoin me to pick up from where we left off. Much respect to those who contacted me to see what was up, sorry for being so flakey in responding in a timely manner and I'm kicking myself for not thinking of the suggestion that one of my listeners made, to remaster and post up older shows, before I put my archives in storage, which would have filled the gap rather nicely.

Peace,

Fizz

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fizz,

Born in Scotland, living in Dallas. Love your stuff. Can't wait until your comeback. Let's get together and drink all of Texas beer.

- Bhoyceltic

Anonymous said...

Fizz,

Born in Scotland, living in Dallas. Love your stuff. Let's hook up and drink Texas under the table. dhertnap@yahoo.com

- Dhertnap

Anonymous said...

so when you back fizza we miss your wicked sounds of old school electro, mixed up only like you can......