Friday, October 24, 2014

Electro 5.5 Side A now on Mixcrate..

As the title says the Electro 5.5 mix can be found on mixcrate here;

http://www.mixcrate.com/thedjfizz/electro-55-side-a-working-8932036

Listen, like, and comment if you're feeling it, your support is appreciated!

Oh, and the mix isn't available to download (on any site) purely for the reason that I want to see the plays etc.. I'm gauging interest in this stuff with a view to doing more of these (or at least finishing Side B), so if that's something you would like to see (or hear), then be sure to make it known and spread the word! I'm not a mind reader you know! ;)

On a related note, it's been a while since I've really looked at all the options for uploading mixes and it's interesting to see the many options for hosting/streaming; Soundcloud, Mixcloud, Beatport, Youtube and Mixcrate, I'm sure there's more.. I'm still figuring out which one is most effective, although by default I would imagine youtube would be with popular channels hitting millions of views (but not electro related... darn it!), but there is also the issue of draconian DMCA, which I think shouldn't really affect a mix, but even so, a while back I tried to upload the Electro 5.5 mix to Soundcloud and it was refused due to the Beat Street track at the beginning setting off the auto copyright algorithm or whatever it is called, so I didn't even bother with youtube being that it seems they close your account..

Anyway, so far with the mix on Beatport, Mixcrate & Mixcloud, Beatport is the platform that has gotten the most listens by far. Although it's too early to say about Mixcrate as it's just gone up, but looking at that site, it seems that there are some who, I don't want to use the word 'spam', but seem to upload about five or so mixes at a time, thereby pushing all the new mixes into the mixmush, I mean..






No comments: